March 26, 1994

289. Soft, Quiet Image

Quiet, empty dreams.
        Plain, meaningless song--
                All verse is the same--
Different words, different rhymes,
        Meaning all the same;
                Painful, mournful sorrow.
Lost, wandering strangers
        Have more to say to me
                Than the lips which I have kissed.
Gentle, quiet beasts that
        In the ocean do swim
                Have some to mean so much more
                Than love and life do anymore.
It seems at times
        T’would be easier to die
                Than to love another more than you--
My princess; I held you so warmly
                                in these arms,
        Just seconds before
                                I let you slip away.
        My dreams, my ambitions
                Were all visions of you,
                        Faded so far away
                                When you left my side.
This life I will live in turmoil
        Without you here at my side,
                Wandering aimlessly, loveless and scorned.
And when I turn to die,
        I know my last thoughts
                Will be a soft, quiet image
                        Of your beautiful face.......

No comments:

Post a Comment