February 22, 1994

276. "The Face I Can't Escape"

It's the same old story--
We're always holding on to the past.
I can't let the mem'ries go,
                     just fade away.
Under this sunset so bright,
I can't learn to just forget,
Can't let these tears fall down.
I've tried day after day,
Just to get you off my mind.
No matter where I may go,
No matter the countless hours that go by,
I'll never escape your beauty,
Never just turn and run far away.
Each night as I lay awake,
Praying for the new dawn,
Your figure dances before my eyes
And I know never will life be complete--
Until you are in my arms.
For all the rest of my life,
I will journey through these storm clouds,
Searching endlessly day by day,
Never forgetting where I've been,
Always remembering your precious face.......

No comments:

Post a Comment