December 24, 1993

269. The Falsehood Of Dreams

Wretched, vile, cursed dreams,
Oh, how I spite your treacherous world.
You wake me from this dreary sleep,
And whisk me away to an unknown land
Where reality is not what it seems,
Yet all that seems unreal is reality.
How you toy with this fragile heart,
Toss me into a whirlwind of belief
That your twisted visions are real.
How gracefully I danced with her,
Shrouded by a wondrous happiness,
As she and I shared a night in your realm.
What joy it brought to my very soul
To see she and I together once more,
Her return more than pure life itself,
And then...you, after you've given to me
The only things in this life I truly desire,
Led me to believe this joy was mine,
You just reach into the early morn
And pull me from that beauteous sleep.
Softly, quietly, I gave into the morn,
My heart, my soul, afloat in the clouds,
       my re-found love in my arms.
And moments later, as sleep leaves these eyes,
I come to realize that my new life,
The angel I've longed for to return,
Was all just a dream and that here...
Here, in reality's embrace, I am still alone,
Sitting quietly, my eyes red with tears,
Spiting you, you wretched, vile, cursed dreams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment