December 21, 1993

262. Life Without Love: what-could-have-been

       My world was in confusion.  I had just lost an embarrassing battle with love.  My heart was in pain, and my life was a sin.  My words left no meaning, and my heart left no feelings.
 
      Then, I saw joy and happiness one day.  She stood there, talking, not knowing that I even walked upon this world of shame.  I saw happiness in her smile, and beauty in her eyes.  I knew then, as I do now, that I needed her to make my life livable.

       My feelings are lost, and my love is in turmoil.  My heart tells me to never give up, but my mind tells me to forget.  As I held that photograph of her, all I could think of was holding her in my arms, and giving her the love I have built up inside of me.

       How can I ever forget what-could-have-been, when my heart is still wishing that this dream would come true?  If the events of the weeks before hurt so badly, then why do I hope so badly that tomorrow will bring the happiness I see in her.

       Perhaps someday, she will see happiness in me, but until that day all I can do is regret what-could-have-been.

No comments:

Post a Comment