June 22, 1993

240. Drowning In Tears

I'm gazing at your picture,
     There where it landed on the floor,
Asking myself so many questions,
     And finding so few answers.
Why does this love seem so enduring?
I see not how it could be
     That you say love is true
     When you leave me for selfish dreams.
Words could say none of how you've hurt me
     Over the past three heart-breaking days,
Yet now that I ask you to save me
     From one more night of loneliness--
     Save me from one more night of pain!!!--
I find myself alone in the dark,
     Struggling to breathe through tears,
     Fighting to keep my heart alive...
The pain you caused me hurt so deep,
     And now that I beg you to save me,
     You seem only to pour buckets of tears
     Into the river that drowns my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment