October 16, 1992

222. Starting Over

Sitting quietly along the shore,
Listening to the waves crash
Upon the soft, white sand,
I shut my eyes to the beauty
And listened to the voices
Dancing through my mind.
So many different voices,
Each pulling me apart
In an opposite direction,
Telling me to go a way
I no longer wish to travel.
I remember the dark nights,
Alcoholic afternoons,
And all the hardships,
And still, I cannot forget
What the happiness meant
To me during the days
When love was all my own,
Yet, I know that when all is done,
It is time to move on
And put to rest yesterday
And all the voices trying to hold me back.
It was then that I opened my eyes,
Stood, and left my disappointment behind.
I turned from the ocean I once knew,
Setting my heart on making my sunsets dreams of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment